Monday, April 7, 2008

a surprise post!

Haha thought that it'd be apt today to spring a surprise in this blog by having a new short entry as I am feeling a bit sentimental... As the semester draws to an end soon, it is going to be a different feeling as one phase of my life comes to the "start of a new beginning"...

And this time round, it's not only leaving law school but leaving active duty from my npcc unit as well.. time really flies.. and today I finally finished one of my last few outstanding tasks by conducting the rifle drill component for the sec 3's drill test with Leona... I hope the views and suggestions we've given will help them along the way as they begin to train their juniors when they take over... it remains my regret that I've not had enough time to push them a bit more so as to draw out more of their capabilities and potential...

Ah! Before i forget, there's a new vending machine in AHS selling fresh fruits-in-a-cup at $1!! I have no problems with the interesting and creative mechanism put in place to attract students to have a more balanced diet; however the price just disturbs me.
Why should the school encourage the students to eat fruits through the use of a vending machine when the drinks stall actually does sell slightly more fruits (in a plastic bag) albeit at the same price?
Wouldn't it be better to subsidise the drinks stall to sell the fruits at a cheaper price instead? After all, one huge watermelon that can be cut up to fill up at least 8 cups costs less than $6 at most.
Haiz this just affirms my worry that AHS indeed has one of the most expensive canteen prices food when there are in fact students on financial assistance in the school.

Oh well... inflation is always a readily available explanation... :p

No comments: